All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionAdvocacy, first published in 2007, explains how to win cases in court. Focusing on the techniques and methods of successful advocates, David Ross QC shows how to prepare a case for court. Writing in simple, clear language he gives the benefit of his many years of local and international experience. This second edition features new advice about how to prepare for, and run, an appeal, as well as how to write effective submissions to court. It also describes: * how to hold a court's attention * how to start and stop a witness * how to cross-examine all types of people, from liars to experts * the methods of taking objections to questions * how to address a jury * how to follow etiquette and behave ethically * how to win impossible cases All the principles of advocacy are explained, from the striking start to kwledge of human affairs, and Advocacy is rich with examples taken from real cases.
- Author BiographyDavid Ross QC is an eminent advocate with extensive experience in trials and appeals throughout Australia. He has taught advocacy in many countries.
- Author(s)David Ross
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2007
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.