All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's political and global world, it's t eugh to remain a solid educational leader. Leaders must become advocates for education-on Capitol Hill, in state legislatures, and within communities. Advocacy for School Leaders: Becoming a Strong Voice for Education, written by an educator for educators, examines key issues facing education, demonstrates methods for addressing the issues, and discusses strategies to advocate for an education agenda at local and federal levels. Starting with local impact and moving to federal initiatives, Sandra Whitaker provides significant insights into school-business partnerships and the legislative process, allowing educators to approach advocacy efforts with greater understanding of the institutions with which they must work. The advocacy action points and questions for reflection included in each chapter allow readers to adapt the information and strategies to their local contexts. Based on her experiences working with the media, business leaders, and elected officials, this book presents practical approaches for working with educators and those outside the field to understand issues facing today's schools and for identifying and promoting sensible solutions that elevate teaching and learning.
- Author BiographySandra Whitaker is a National Board certified teacher in English-language arts, has spent much of her career working with struggling readers and writers, and is deeply concerned with issues of literacy, access, and differentiation. Throughout her career, she has served the educational community as a teacher, building-level administrator, curriculum developer, and curriculum coordinator.
- Author(s)Sandra Whitaker
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.