Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $279.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $300.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether an airplane or a space shuttle, a flying machine requires advanced materials to provide a strong, lightweight body and a powerful engine that functions at high temperature. The Aerospace Materials Handbook examines these materials, covering traditional superalloys as well as more recently developed light alloys. Capturing state-of-the-art developments in materials research for aeronautical and aerospace applications, this book provides a timely reference for both newcomers and veteran researchers in the field. The chapters address developments in bulk materials, coatings, traditional materials, and new materials. Beginning with an overview of superalloys, including nickel-, nickel-iron-, and cobalt-based superalloys, the text covers machining, laser cladding and alloying, corrosion performance, high-temperature oxidation, thermal spraying, and nastructured coatings. It also includes four categories of composites used in aerospace: metal matrix, polymer, carbon natube-reinforced polymer, and self-healing composites. The text describes preparation, processing, and fatigue of lightweight magnesium alloys, as well as an exciting new class of materials-aerogels. This book brings readers to the cutting edge of research in materials for aerospace and aeronautics. It provides an entry point into this field and presents details to stimulate future research. This unique, up-to-date resource offers kwledge to enable practitioners to develop faster, more efficient, and more reliable air- and spacecraft.
- Author BiographyProfessor Sam Zhang Shanyong, better known as Sam Zhang, is a tenured full professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Professor Zhang serves as editor-in-chief for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters (USA) and principal editor for the Journal of Materials Research (USA). He has worked on processing and characterization of nanocomposite thin films and coatings for 20 years and has authored/co-authored more than 260 peer-reviewed international journal papers with an average of more than 12 citations per paper, 7 books, 20 book chapters, and guest-edited more than 20 journal volumes. His book on Materials Characterization Techniques has been adopted as a textbook by one European and eight American universities. The book was also translated into Chinese, published by China Scientific Press, and was used as textbook in many Chinese universities. Professor Dongliang Zhao is the chief engineer at Central Iron and Steel Research Institute (CISRI, Beijing, China) since 2009 and the director of CISRI's Institute of Functional Materials. CISRI plays a leading role in China's R&D in superalloys. Professor Zhao's research interests include computational material science, magnetic materials, energy materials, and superalloys. He has been the leading principal investigator of or participated in more than 20 Chinese national research projects. Professor Zhao has published 40 journal papers and was granted six patents. In 2003, Professor Zhao was conferred the title of Beijing Outstanding Young Engineer by Beijing City Government. In 2006, he was recognized by the State Department as one of the National Star Researchers and in 2008, he was conferred the title of National Defense Science and Technology Innovation leader.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleAdvances in Materials Science and Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note578 black & white illustrations, 94 black & white tables
- Weight1587 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byDongliang Zhao,Sam Zhang
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.