All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAesop was a slave and storyteller who lived in ancient Greece around 620-564 BC. No writings by him exist (if they ever existed at all), yet numerous stories and tales have been credited to him and have been shared through oral tradition throughout the world. Many of these use animals as the main characters to convey deeper meanings and morals that have become ingrained in our cultural--and personal--belief systems. For example, in The Goatherd and the Goat we learn that there is use trying to hide what can't be hidden. In The Ass and the Purchaser we find that people are kwn by the company they keep. In The Boys and the Frogs, one person's pleasure may be ather person's pain. And misery loves company, as we see in The Fox Without a Tail. Lexile score: 1090L About the Word Cloud Classics series: Perfect for both old and new literature fans, the Word Cloud Classics series from Canterbury Classics provides a chic and inexpensive introduction to timeless tales. With a higher production value, including heat burnished covers and foil stamping, these eye-catching, easy-to-hold editions are the perfect gift for students and fans of literature everywhere.
- Author Biography<b>Aesop</b> was a fabulist or story teller credited with a number of fables now collectively known as Aesop's Fables. Although his existence remains uncertain and (if they ever existed) no writings by him survive, numerous tales credited to him were gathered across the centuries and in many languages in a storytelling tradition that continues to this day. Many of the tales are characterized by animals and inanimate objects that speak, solve problems, and generally have human characteristics.
- PublisherAdvantage Publishers Group
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleWord Cloud Classics
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Publishers Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width132 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn,Leather, imitation
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.