Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by greatpricedeals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheodor Ador (1903-69) was undoubtedly the foremost thinker of the Frankfurt School, the influential group of German thinkers that fled to the US in the 1930s, including such thinkers as Herbert Marcuse and Max Horkheimer. His work has proved ermously influential in sociology, philosophy and cultural theory. Aesthetic Theory is Ador's posthumous magnum opus and the culmination of a lifetime's investigation. Analysing the sublime, the ugly and the beautiful, Ador shows how such concepts frame and distil human experience and that it is human experience that ultimately underlies aesthetics. In Ador's formulation 'art is the sedimented history of human misery'.
- Author BiographyTheodor W. Adorno (1903-69) was a founder and arguably the foremost thinker of the Frankfurt School. He worked with Max Horkheimer at the New York Institute for Social Research and later taught at the University of Frankfurt until his death in 1969. His work has proved enormously influential in sociology, philosophy and cultural theory.
- Author(s)Theodor W. Adorno
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- Series TitleBloomsbury Revelations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight636 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.