All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAesthetics & the Philosophy of Spirit examines the aesthetics of Plotinus, Friedrich Wilhelm Joseph von Schelling, and Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel. It discusses the Platonic bases of the aesthetics of Plotinus and the Plotinian bases of the aesthetics of Schelling and Hegel in the philosophy of spirit, identity philosophy, and transcendental idealism. Examining the tion of art as philosophy, as a product of mind, and as an instrument of intellect in the relation between reason and perception, the book involves concepts of the universal and particular, freedom and necessity, the beautiful and sublime, allegory and symbolism, consciousness and self-consciousness, subjective and objective spirit, and forms of artistic representation.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John Shannon Hendrix earned a Ph.D. in architecture at Cornell University and teaches architectural design and art and architectural history at Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island, and at the Rhode Island School of Design. He is the author of four previous books: Platonic Architectonics (Peter Lang, 2004); Architectural Forms and Philosophical Structures (Peter Lang, 2003); History and Culture in Italy; and The Relation Between Architectural Forms and Philosophical Structures in the Work of Francesco Borromini in Seventeenth-Century Rome. He is the coeditor of Neoplatonic Aesthetics (Peter Lang, 2004) and Neoplatonism and the Arts.
- Author(s)John Shannon Hendrix
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note6 ill.
- Weight480 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.