All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over three decades, Allan N. Schore has authored numerous volumes, chapters, and articles on regulation theory, a biopsychosocial model of the development, psychopathogenesis, and treatment of the implicit subjective self. The theory is grounded in the integration of psychology, psychiatry, and neuroscience, and it is w being used by both clinicians to update psychotherapeutic models and by researchers to generate research. First published in 1994, this pioneering volume represented the inaugural expression of his interdisciplinary model, and has since been hailed by a number of scientific and clinical disciplines as a groundbreaking and paradigm-shifting work. This volume appeared at a time when the problem of emotion, igred for most of the last century, was finally beginning to be addressed by science, including the emergent field of affective neuroscience. After a century of the dominance of the verbal left brain, it presented a detailed characterization of the early developing right brain and it unique social, emotional, and survival functions, t only in infancy but across all later stages of the human life span. It also offered a scientifically testable and clinical relevant model of the development of the human unconscious mind. Affect Regulation and the Origin of the Self acts as a keystone and foundation for all of Schore's later writings, as every subsequent book, article, and chapter that followed represented expansions of this seminal work.
- Author BiographyAllan N. Schore, Ph.D., is on the clinical faculty of the University of California at Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine. He is author of numerous volumes, articles, and chapters, reviewer or on the editorial staff of more than 45 journals in various scientific and clinical fields, and has been in private psychotherapy practice for over four decades.
- Author(s)Allan N. Schore
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychology Press & Routledge Classic Editions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.