All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of new essays addresses a key debate in Irish studies. While it is important that new research endeavours to accommodate the new and powerful manifestations of Irishness that are evident today in our globalised ecomy, these considerations are often overlooked. The writers in this book seek to reconcile the established critical perspectives of Irish studies with a forward-looking critical momentum that incorporates the realities of globalisation and ecomic migration. The book initiates this vital discussion by bringing together a series of provocative and thoughtful essays, from both rewned and rising international scholars, on the vicissitudes of cultural identity in a post-modern, post-colonial and post-national Ireland. By including work by leading scholars in the fields of film studies, migration and Diaspora studies, travel literature and gender studies, this collection offers a thorough twenty-first-century interrogation of Irishness and provides a timely fusion of international perspectives on Irish cultural identity.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: James P. Byrne is Adjunct Assistant Professor of English at Emerson College, Boston. He was a Fulbright Scholar to the University of Massachusetts in 2000. He has recently co-edited the three-volume work Ireland and the Americas: Culture, Politics, and History (2008). Padraig Kirwan is currently Lecturer in the Literature of the Americas at Goldsmiths, University of London. He was a Fulbright Scholar to the University of California in 2002 and an Irish Research Council Scholar from 2000 to 2001. His work has appeared in a number of journals including the Journal of American Studies. Michael O'Sullivan is Assistant Professor of English at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. His recent publications include Michel Henry: Incarnation, Barbarism and Belief (published by Peter Lang in 2006) and The Incarnation of Language: Joyce, Proust and a Philosophy of the Flesh (2008).
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleReimagining Ireland
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note4, 4 ill.
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJames P. Byrne,Michael O'Sullivan,Padraig Kirwan
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.