Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionAffirmative action remains a focal point of public debate as the result of legal and political developments at the federal, state, and local levels. In recent years, federal courts have reviewed mirity admissions programs to state universities in Texas, Georgia, Michigan, and Washington, questioning in general the constitutional status of racial and ethnic diversity policies in public education; invalidated mirity preferences in public and private employment as a violation of constitutional and federal statutory rights; defeated a Federal Communications Commission policy requiring radio licensees to adopt affirmative mirity recruitment and outreach measures; and nullified state and local efforts to increase mirity group participation as contractors and subcontractors on publicly-financed construction projects. Ongoing legal controversy surrounds the Supreme Court's 1995 ruling in Adarand Constructors Inc. v. Pena, setting constitutional standards for race-based affirmative action by the federal government. The case returned to the High Court for a third appearance, as Adarand Constructors Inc. v. Mineta, but on November 27, 2001 the Justices side-stepped the constitutional issues posed and dismissed the appeal as improvidently granted . This book also provides a broad, but by means exhaustive, survey of federal statutes and regulations that specifically refer to race, gender, or ethnicity as factors to be considered in the administration of any federal program. Such measures may include, but are t limited to, goals, timetables, set-asides, and quotas, as those terms are generally (however imperfectly) understood.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication23/08/2005
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight204 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Edited byJames S. Peterson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.