All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study emerged out of the collaboration between a psychiatrist, a scholar of cultural studies, and a sociologist. It offers a new response to the reciprocity between the individual and the collective share in the dynamic of Hitler's delusion. Relying on a model of psychosis based on the most recent research on the polarity of the « private and « public self, and incorporating, with critical revisions, new literature on the cultural history of the Third Reich, the study demonstrates that Hitler was most certainly a « pathological case, who escaped the clinical consequences only because he had found an audience that stabilized his psychosis through an immense degree of acceptance. This interdisciplinary approach to psycho-historical Hitler research avoids the dead ends of previous, one-sided psychological or historical efforts and sheds new light on the issues of responsibility with respect to both the dictator and his German helpers.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Paul Matussek (1919-2003) was a famous researcher in the field of psychodynamics and psychotic perception; his publications include a study on the consequences of internment in Concentration Camps. Peter Matussek (born in 1955) is the author of numerous publications on cultural theory and history, including a study on Cultural Memory. Jan Marbach (born in 1943) has published on sociological themes in Germany and abroad.
- Author(s)Jan Marbach,Paul Matussek,Peter Matussek
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.