All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis completely updated and expanded new edition in the Afoot and Afield series is the classic guide to the hiking opportunities throughout Southern California's Orange County. Featuring more than 100 trips from serene summits to sparkling beaches, Afoot and Afield Orange County covers the Laguna Coast, Newport Beach, Crystal Cove State Park, the Chi Hills, Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve, the Santa Ana Mountains, and more. Trips ranging from short strolls to rigorous daylong treks are all within a short car trip of the Southland's cities. Every trip was re-hiked by coauthor David Money Harris for this updated edition.
- Author BiographyJerry Schad's several careers encompassed interests ranging from astronomy and teaching to photography and writing. Schad was the author of 15 books, including the top-selling Afoot and Afield series of hiking guidebooks that cover nearly all of Southern California. Schad's outdoor column Roam-O-Rama was published weekly in the San Diego Reader from 1993 to 2011, and his San Diego Reader blog, Outdoor San Diego, kept San Diegans up-to-date on a variety of natural events in the sky and on earth. He died in 2011. David Money Harris grew up rambling about the Desolation Wilderness as a toddler in his father's pack and later roamed the High Sierra as a Boy Scout. As a Sierra Club trip leader, he organized mountaineering trips throughout the Sierra Nevada. For the past 15 years, he has explored the mountains and deserts of Southern California. He lives in Upland, CA.
- Author(s)David Money Harris,Jerry Schad
- PublisherWilderness Press
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleAfoot and Afield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilderness Press
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, Maps throughout
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.