All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionAfrica and the New World Order examines the role of Africa in the emerging complex and competitive global division of labor. Anchored on a dialectical discussion of Africa's historical experience, this study examines postcolonial realignment of ecomic and political forces, the debt crisis, human rights, the crisis of regionalism, and the constraints to democratic transitions and consolidation. It also provides a detailed discussion of Africa and the current globalization process.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Julius O. Ihonvbere received his Ph.D. from the University of Toronto. He has taught at universities in Nigeria and in Canada and was Professor of Government at the University of Texas at Austin. Among his recently published books are Nigeria: The Politics of Adjustment and Democracy and Economic Crisis, Civil Society, and Democratization: the Case of Zambia. The recipient of the First Mario Zamora Memorial Award from the Association of Third World Studies, he is currently a Program Officer in the Governance and Civil Society Unit of the Ford Foundation in New York City.
- Author(s)Julius O. Ihonvbere
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleSociety & Politics in Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.