All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMbaku, Saxena, and their contributors examine the problems faced by Africa as it decides what to do to improve its ability to contribute to and benefit from the new globalization. Today, the continent stands at a crossroads; it must choose between joining the new global society and pursuing a process of internal self-reliance. The dilemma the continent faces is how to participate in and benefit from the new global ecomy as well as retain and also benefit from its emerging regional ecomic and political schemes. The book is written by a group of highly skilled and committed Africanists and is intended to make a significant contribution to the debate on poverty alleviation in Africa as well as on improving Africa's ability to participate in and benefit from the new globalization and how to achieve the type of peaceful coexistence in Africa that will enhance ecomic growth and development. It contains a refreshing, vigorous, and informative analysis of poverty alleviation strategies in the continent, how to achieve lasting peace and enhance the peaceful co-existence of population groups, and how to improve the continent's ability to participate more effectively in the new globalization. It emphasizes the importance of good policies and laws and institutions t only to peaceful coexistence, but also to sustainable poverty alleviation strategies. As Africans prepare themselves and their societies for the new globalization, it is critical that they provide themselves with governance structures that are locally-focused, and that enhance peace and sustainable development.
- Author BiographyJOHN MUKUM MBAKU is Professor of Economics at Weber State University. He is the Associate Editor (Africa) of the Journal of Third World Studies and President of the African Educational Foundation, Inc. SURESH CHANDRA SAXENA is Reader (Retired) in the Department of African Studies, University of Delhi.
- Author(s)Professor John Mukum Mbaku,Suresh Chandra Saxena
- Date of Publication30/01/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Notetables
- Weight935 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.