Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis thirteen-chapter volume, based on a conference held in South Africa in June 2003, describes and compares patterns of internal, regional and international migration in Africa, with comparative insights from Asia and Latin America. It strives to evaluate how migration and urban living influences well-being among movers and stayers in the context of rapid social, ecomic and political change that charaterises most African nations.
- Author BiographyMarta Tienda is professor in demographic studies, professor of sociology and public affairs at Princeton University; Sally Findley is a professor of clinical population and family health at the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University. Stephen Tollman heads the School of Public Health's Health & Population Division at the University of the Witwatersrand and chairs the University's Population Program. Eleanor Preston-Whyte is currently a researcher in the field of social anthropology and holds a research professorship in the School of Development Studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Author(s)Preston Findlay
- PublisherWits University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintWits University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight662 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byEleanor Preston-Whyte,Marta Tienda,Preston Findlay,Sally E. Findley,Stephen Tollman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.