All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince their founding, African colleges and universities have faced numerous challenges. While most are legacies of colonialism, these institutions are affected by particular conditions and realities in their home countries. This book is the first comprehensive survey of all aspects and dimensions of higher education in Africa today. It includes a historical overview of higher educational resources in Africa; descriptions of the size, scope, and nature of higher education in each African nation; and analyses of current and timely topics, such as the state of private higher education in Africa, the financing and ecomics of higher education, gender issues, distance education, information and communication techlogies, and university/state relations. The work concludes with an extensive bibliography of Ph.D. dissertations and other resources on the subject. Relevant for policymakers, development agencies, and university researchers, teachers, and administrators worldwide, African Higher Education is an important and basic reference.
- Author BiographyDamtew Teferra is a research associate at the Center for International Higher Education at Boston College. Philip G. Altbach is J. Donald Monan, SJ Professor of Higher Education and Director of the Center for International Higher Education at Boston College.
- Author(s)Damtew Teferra,Philip G. Altbach
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2003
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note10 figures, 1 bibliog., 1 index
- Weight2009 g
- Width226 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.