Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionWhen, over one hundred years ago (1787), a handful of men, led by Richard Allen, took the momentous step in the Quaker City of Philadelphia, which resulted in the organization of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, the most sanguine well-wisher could hardly have prophesied that the small beginning would have such a glorious, wide-spread result as is evidenced to-day. This little band was desirous of serving God, but of serving him as men; and so, breathing deeply that spirit of independence and love of freedom which was rife in the air of America that eventful year, and which has wrought so much for this broad country, they threw off the yoke which bore so heavily upon them in the Methodist Episcopal Church, and boldly set out for themselves.
- Author(s)Wesley J Gaines
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.