All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfrican regional trade integration has grown exponentially in the last decade. This book is the first comprehensive analysis of the legal framework within which it is being pursued. It will fill a huge kwledge gap and serve as an invaluable teaching and research tool for policy makers in the public and private sectors, teachers, researchers and students of African trade and beyond. The author argues that African Regional Trade Agreements (RTAs) are best understood as flexible legal regimes particularly given their commitment to variable geometry and multiple memberships. He analyzes the progress made toward trade liberalization in each region, how the RTAs are financed, their trade remedy and judicial regimes, and how well they measure up to Article XXIV of GATT. The book also covers monetary unions as well as intra-African regional integration, and examines free trade agreements with n-African regions including the Ecomic Partnership Agreements with the European Union.
- Author BiographyJames Thuo Gathii is Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship and Governor George E. Pataki Professor of International Commercial Law, Albany Law School. He is author of War, Commerce and International Law (2010) and over 50 articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)James Thuo Gathii
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge International Trade and Economic Law
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight870 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.