All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn African Societies, Lucy Mair unites the two main strands of anthropology teaching: the discussion and illustration of the various analytical concepts used by anthropologists in the study of social systems; and ethgraphy - the detailed study of particular societies, wadays obtained by participant observation. All societies discussed are in sub-Saharan Africa. This 1977 book will be of great use to students of social anthropology studying ethgraphy. Presenting as it does brief ethgraphic accounts of a wide variety of African societies, as well as exemplifications and discussions of many theoretical concepts, the book offers the reader quick and easy access to a large body of information which previously had to be mined from a large number of mographs.
- Author(s)Lucy P. Mair
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/09/1974
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3M.
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.