All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfrican Wisdom: 365 Days A Year - contains African wisdom and kwledge dating back over 5,000 years to the early dawn of human civilization. There are many definitions for wisdom including the teachings of the ancient sages. It is in the spirit of this definition (advice from the ancient sages) that we present this work. In this book, you will find hundreds of proverbs that span the entire written history of the African continent. These African Proverbs represent many ethnic groups, nations and various points-of-views. There is one proverb or valuable quote for each day of the year. African Proverbs will forever be a shining beacon of hope. One can t think of African Proverbs without ackwledging Africa's Divine Wisdom. Today, more than ever, the message of our ancestors needs to reverberate through our very being. We need to embrace the elders from our past and pass on their messages to the youth of our future. It is very important that we revert to the kwledge of our ancestors, as we face today's immense challenges. This kwledge and wisdom represents the teachings of our ancient and wise people. Wisdom was attained from centuries of observations and experiences and handed down to younger generations. African Proverbs and Quotes in this book focus on life, family, community, God, peace, the universe, love, work, leadership, success, friendship, elderly advice, education, kwledge, and responsibility. The authors strongly believe that if people are going to grow and develop to be great individuals, they must have access to the kwledge and wisdom of their ancestors.
- Author BiographyDr. David Smith is the creator of an extensive exhibition on the 10 African American born Presidents of Liberia, the first elected presidents on the African continent. He refers to President Barrack Obama as the 11th African American born president in the history of the world. He is the author of several books including the African American Presidents: The Founding Fathers of Liberia, 1848-1904; Georgia State University: An Institutional History, 1913-2002; and the Pyramid of Excellence for Goal Achievement. He is an Administrator in higher education at Georgia State University and an advisor for the OAASS&P Model African Union Delegation at Georgia State University. Wilfred (Mombo) Tarpeh Harris is the founding President of the Liberian American Partnership Initiative (LAPI) in Atlanta, GA. organized to encourage international investments in Liberia. he has led many community and civic organizaitons and has served on many boards. He served as the President of the Organization of Liberians in Minnesota. Chairperson, Human Relations Commission, City of Brooklyn Park and West Africans Representatives, for the Council on black Minnesotans. He is a dynamic motivational speaker with more than 15 years of experience in corporate America and has studied in Japan. He is married to Marilyn Grigsby Harris. This union is blessed with two children, Biorth (Mombo) Tarpeh and Etah Mabel Angelance.
- Author(s)Dr David Smith,Jr,Wilfred Tarpeh Harris
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.