CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.19
About this product
- DescriptionMany people think that Britain's Black population has only developed in modern times, especially since the end of the Second World War in 1945. In fact there have been distinct African communities in cities such as London, Bristol, Edinburgh and Cardiff for over 300 years. The first Africans may even have come to Britain thousands of years ago. This book reveals the little-kwn history of the African and Caribbean communities in Britain. It looks at why people came to Britain, the problems they faced, and the contribution they have made to British society. There are case studies of particular individuals, and some rarely published photographs.
- Author BiographyDr Hakim Adi is Reader in the History of Africa and the African Diaspora at the University of Chichester.
- Author(s)Hakim Adi
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleHistory of
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteFull-colour photographs
- Weight184 g
- Width196 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.