All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Schweickart moves beyond the familiar arguments against globalizing capitalism to contribute something absolutely necessary and long overdue-a coherent vision of a viable, desirable alternative to capitalism. He names this system Ecomic Democracy, a successor-system to capitalism which preserves the efficiency strengths of a market ecomy while extending democracy to the workplace and to the structures of investment finance. Drawing on both theoretical and empirical research, Schweickart shows how and why this model is efficient, dynamic, and superior to capitalism along a range of values.
- Author BiographyDavid Schweickart is professor of philosophy at the Loyola University of Chicago and holds Ph.D.s in both philosophy and mathematics. He is author of Against Capitalism (Cambridge University Press, 1993) and Capitalism or Worker Control? An Ethical Economic Appraisal (Praeger, 1980), and co-author of Market Socialism: The Debate Among Socialists (Routledge, 1998).
- Author(s)David Schweickart
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/06/2002
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleNew Critical Theory
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.