All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $20.28Trending at AU $23.22
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe midnight hour approaches in an almost empty all-night diner. Mari sips her coffee and glances up from a book as a young man, a musician, intrudes on her solitude. Both have missed the last train home. The musician has plans to rehearse with his jazz band all night, Mari is equally unconcerned and content to read, smoke and drink coffee until dawn. They realise they've been acquainted through Eri, Mari's beautiful sister. The musician soon leaves with a promise to return before dawn. Shortly afterwards Mari will be interrupted a second time by a girl from the Alphaville Hotel; a Chinese prostitute has been hurt by a client, the girl has heard Mari speaks fluent Chinese and requests her help. Meanwhile Eri is at home and sleeps a deep, heavy sleep that is 'too perfect, too pure' to be rmal; pulse and respiration at the lowest required level. She has been in this soporfic state for two months; Eri has become the classic myth - a sleeping beauty. But tonight as the digital clock displays 00:00 a faint electrical crackle is perceptible, a hint of life flickers across the TV screen, though the television's plug has been pulled ...
- Author BiographyHaruki Murakami was born in Kyoto in 1949. Following the publication o fhis first novel in Japanese in 1979, he sold the jazz bar he ran with his wife to become a full-time writer.It was with the publication of Norwegian Wood - which has to date sold more than 4 million copies in Japan alone - that he was truly catapulted into the limelight, and he is now Japan's best-known novelist abroad.
- Author(s)Haruki Murakami
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication14/06/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Audio Books
- Content Noten/a
- Weight199 g
- Width124 mm
- Height143 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time5
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.