All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionA former NFL ref and acclaimed rules expert shares his insights and thoughts on the rules of the sport Only recently in the world of NFL media have rules experts become an essential part of a fan s viewing experience. As the league continues to implement rule changes that have more and more of an impact on games and, sometimes, the final outcome, it s become imperative that fans understand the rules and how they re applied. But often, they need help. Mike Pereira, hired by Fox Sports in 2010 as the rules expert for both the NFL and college football, was t only the first to rise to prominence in the role, but he is consistently lauded as being the best by his peers and even rival media networks. Viewers have come to rely on Pereira, the former vice president of NFL officiating, to provide entertaining, informative, and reliable explanations of the league s often baffling and controversial rulings during games. Now, Pereira digs a little deeper and gives NFL fans and casual viewers alike insight into NFL rules, their applications, and some of the most controversial calls in recent memory, in terms both can understand. In this book, Pereira draws on professional experience and his personal life, both his years of work at the pinnacle of the officiating world and his upbringing as the child of longtime official, Al Pereira.
- Author BiographyMike Pereira is the former vice president of officiating for the National Football League and spent a total of 14 years officiating for the league. He is currently a rules expert for Fox Sports for professional and college football games. He was named Sports Illustrated s Sports Media Person of the Year in 2010 for his groundbreaking impact on sports television. He lives in Sacramento, California. Rick Jaffe was the senior vice president for news for 16 years at Fox Sports in Los Angeles and the former executive sports editor of the Los Angeles Times. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Mike Pereira,Rick Jaffe
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.