All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReveals the richness and interregional relevance of Post-classic transformations in the area w kwn as Oaxaca, which lies between Central Mexico and the Maya area and, as contributors to this volume demonstrate, achieved cultural centrality in pan-Mesoamerican networks. Large nucleated states throughout Oaxaca collapsed after 700CE, including the great Zapotec state centred in the Valley of Oaxaca, Monte Alban. Elite culture changed in fundamental ways as small city-states proliferated in Oaxaca, each with a new ruling dynasty required to devise vel strategies of legitimisation. The vast majority of the population, though, sustained continuity in lifestyle, religion, and cosmology. Contributors synthesise these regional transformations and continuities in the lower Rio Verde Valley, the Valley of Oaxaca, and the Mixteca Alta. They provide data from material culture, architecture, codices, ethhistoric documents, and ceramics, including a revised ceramic chrology from the Late Classic to the end of the Post-classic that will be crucial to future investigations.
- Author BiographyJeffrey P. Blomster is an assistant professor of anthropology at George Washington University.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Colorado
- Date of Publication30/03/2008
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Colorado
- Content Note19 b/w photos, 83 line drawings, 11 maps, 16 tables
- Weight740 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJeffrey P. Blomster
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.