All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter more than four hundred years of Roman rule, the island its conquerors called Britannia was abandoned - left to its own devices as the Roman Empire contracted in a futile effort to defend itself from the barbarian hordes encroaching upon its heart. As Britannia falls into anarchy and the city of Viroconium is left undefended, two cousins who remained behind when the imperial forces withdrew pursue very different courses in the ensuing struggle to unite the disparate tribes and factions throughout the land. Passionate, adventurous Dinas recruits followers and dreams of kingship. Thoughtful Cadogan saves a group of citizens when Saxons invade and burn Viroconium, then becomes the reluctant founder and leader of a new community that rises in the wilderness. The two cousins could t be more different, but their parallel stories encapsulate the era of a new civilization struggling to be born.
- Author BiographyNew York Times bestselling author Morgan Llywelyn is the winner 1983 RT Times Award for Historical Novel of the Year (The Horse Goddess). She lives near Dublin, Ireland.
- Author(s)Morgan Llywelyn
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date09/09/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.