All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.54
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionI had been married three years when I fell in love, begins Kate, a firecracker of a woman who thought she'd found the yin to her yang in Cary, her sensible and adoring husband. For their friend Luke-a charismatic copywriter who loves women and attention in equal measure, and preferably together-life has been more than sweet beside Cressida, the dutiful pediatric oncologist who stole his heart. But when a whimsical flirtation between Kate and Luke turns into something far more dangerous, the foursome will be irrevocably intertwined by more than just their shared history. After the Fall follows the origin and fallout of the most passionate of affairs through the eyes of all four characters, unveiling the misunderstandings and unspoken needs that lie beneath our search for love and connection. The narrative moves effortlessly between past and present, painting a stalgic picture of the two marriages at their most idealistic-the exact moment when like turned to love-and at their most volatile. Thanks to the boundless compassion with which Ladd draws her characters, one can't help but root for them as they wrestle between newfound desire and remembrances of time past, all the while spinning toward an inevitable conclusion.Steeped in psychological insight and raw emotion, After the Fall is an unsettling vel of the many ways we love and hurt each other.
- Author BiographyKylie Ladd is a freelance writer whose essays and articles have appeared in the Age, Etchings, O, The Oprah Magazine, the Sydney Morning Herald, Good Medicine, and Readers Digest, amongst others. She is coauthor of Living with Alzheimer's and Other Dementias and coeditor of Naked: Confessions of Adultery and Infidelity. She holds a Ph.D. in neuropsychology and continues to work in public and private practice in this field. Kate lives in Melbourne, Australia. Anne Flosnik is an accomplished, multi-award-winning British actress, with lead credits for stage, television, commercials, industrials, voice-overs, and audiobooks. Anne has garnered three AudioFile Earphones Awards, an ALA Award, and four Audie Award nominations. Her narration of Little Bee by Chris Cleave was chosen as one of the Best Audiobooks of the Year 2009 by AudioFile magazine and one of the Top 40 Best Audiobooks of 2009 by Library Journal. British narrator John Lee has read audiobooks in almost every conceivable genre, from Charles Dickens to Patrick O'Brian, and from the very real life of Napoleon to the entirely imagined lives of sorcerers and swashbucklers. He has won numerous Audie Awards and AudioFile Earphones Awards, and he was named a Golden Voice by AudioFile in 2009. Lee is also an accomplished stage actor and wrote and coproduced the feature films Breathing Hard and Forfeit.
- Author(s)Kylie Ladd
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date14/04/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)John Lee,Anne Flosnik
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time540
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.