All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeeks' landmark volume examines the socio-historical context of Pauline Christianity through the lens of Paul's letters. This year marks the twenty-five anniversary of the publication of The First Urban Christians by Wayne A. Meeks. In this w-classic work Meeks examined the socio-historical context of Pauline Christianity through the lens of Paul's letters. After The First Urban Christians , edited by Todd D. Still and David G. Horrell, is a collection of seven essays written by established scholars, plus an epilog authored by Meeks himself, that revisits and updates Meeks' landmark volume. Furthermore, After The First Urban Christians offers fresh lines of inquiry for the future study of Paul and his churches in their social setting.
- Author BiographyTodd D. Still (Ph.D. University of Glasgow) is Associate Professor of Christian Scriptures at the George W. Truett Theological Seminary of Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Among other publications, he is the author of Conflict at Thessalonica: A Pauline Church and Its Neighbours and the editor of Jesus and Paul Reconnected: Fresh Pathways into an Old Debate. David G. Horrell is Professor of New Testament Studiesat the University of Exeter, UK. He is the author of several books, including An Introduction to the Study of Paul (T&T Clark, Second Edition 2006) and Solidarity and Difference (T&T Clark, 2005). He was the editor of the Journal for the Study of the New Testament from 2002-2007. He is an active member of the British New Testament Society, having chaired the Social World of the New Testament Seminar from 2001-2006, andis also a member of the Society for Biblical Literature (SBL) and Society for New Testament Studies (SNTS). He completed his PhD at Cambridgeon Paul's Corinthian letters and the letter known as 1 Clement.
- Author(s)David G. Holler,Todd D. Still
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/01/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, charts
- Weight295 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.