All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fully updated classic guide to the mechanics of securities processing a must for professional investors This third edition ofAfter the Trade Is Madereflects the changes that have taken place in recent years as a result of new products, techlogical breakthroughs, and the globalization of the securities industry. Comprehensive and easy to understand, it provides brokers, operations personnel, and individual investors with definitive and up-to-the-minute explanations of each step in the trading process from the moment a customer decides to buy or sell a security through the final requirements of record keeping.Written for both securities professionals and individual investors, whether domestic or in other countries, this new edition clearly explains the core of underwritings, new and established trading markets, transaction processing, margin, and more while providing critical insights into the most recent wave of industry changes.David M. Weiss, a veteran securities professional, traces the entire process of buying or selling a security, from order management to transaction processing to the final posting on the firm s books and records. He covers the specialized attributes of each function in a typical brokerage firm, as well as their relationships with commercial banks, transfer agents, clearing corporations, and depositories.After the Trade Is Madeis the definitive resource for anyone eager to understand and confidently navigate the vast and often surprising world of securities.
- Author BiographyDavid M. Weiss has been active in the brokerage industry for more than thirty-five years. Currently an independent consultant and lecturer, he was formerly the director of business, industry, and product training for a major international investment bank, vice president of new products for a primary marketplace, and chief operations officer of a broker dealer as well as holding other management positions.
- Author(s)David M. Weiss
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.