All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionSince its launch in 1999, Afterall, a journal of art, context, and enquiry, has offered in-depth considerations of the work of contemporary artists, along with essays that broaden the context in which to understand it. Published three times a year, Afterall also features essays on art history and critical theory. Issue 36 looks at artistic practices that question tions of marginality, with special attention to the work of Panamarenko, Nilbar Gures, Alejandra Rieraand, K. P. Krishnakumar, and the Kerala Radicals. Curator Clementine Deliss contributes a contextual essay on the 1990s Dakar collective Laboratoire Agit'Art, and ecomist Yanis Varoufakis examines the social and ecomic conditions of rural communities. Other essays look at the activist project Mid-west Radical Culture Corridor as well as artworks by Andrea Buttner and Carla Zaccagnini.
- Author BiographyNuria Enguita Mayo is part of the program arteypensamiento at the Universidad Internacional de Andalucia. Melissa Gronlund teaches at the Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art, University of Oxford. Pablo Lafuente is associate curator at the Office for Contemporary Art Norway. Anders Kreuger is a curator at MHKA, Antwerp, and a writer currently based in Berlin. Stephanie Smith is deputy director and chief curator at the Smart Museum of Art at the University of Chicago.
- PublisherAfterall Publishing
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAfterall Publishing
- Content Noteillustrated throughout
- Width190 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAnders Kreuger,Melissa Gronlund,Nuria Enguita Mayo,Pablo Lafuente,Stephanie Smith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.