All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a compilation of the issues and fears that I worked through following my diagsis of metastatic breast cancer throughout my chemotherapy treatment. I hope that it will help someone else to understand what they are likely to encounter as they face mortality and slay their own dragons. VicsterW says, This was an excellent book for all women and especially those of us who have fought breast cancer. The author captures the emotion and portrays an honest realization of what it feels like to have the diagsis. It was nice to realize that someone else shared my same thoughts and fears. She adds some humor, which we all have shared to get through this disease. I give it 5 stars and highly suggest it for all women. God bless you Patti....I will pray for you.
- Author BiographyMy right breast lump was discovered around April 1, 2009, but as a tax practitioner, I waited until after tax season to have it checked. I visited my doctor on May 12 and he suspected a malignancy. My digital mammogram was performed on May 13. I was diagnosed with cancer on May 14. I met my surgeon on May 28 and my biopsy was performed on June 4 when a 3.6cm (golfball sized) malignant tumor was removed. A frozen section and sentinel node dissection were also performed. Since 3 out of 4 nodes showed metastatic carcinoma, six more axillary nodes were removed, one of which had metastatic carcinoma. I met with my oncologist for the first time June 12 and again on June 23. A medi-port was surgically inserted on June 29 and chemotherapy was scheduled to start on June 30. I will testify from personal experience that invasive cancer CAN hurt.
- Author(s)Patti Gray-Pickering
- Date of Publication28/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.