All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors survey the current afterschool landscape and bring to light important issues and practices within the field, explore the challenges and opportunities facing afterschool education programs, and point to future directions for these burgeoning educational ventures. Afterschool education has grown in recent years into a vast and diverse enterprise. In the United States, young people spend almost a third of their organized time (including school hours) in afterschool and summer programs. Yet there is little clear and conclusive research on afterschool programs research that would help guide the practice of existing afterschool programs and establish guidelines for the creation of new programs. An indispensable guide for practitioners, administrators, policy makers, and parents, Afterschool Education will serve as the cornerstone for all future accounts of and proposals for this crucial educational field.
- Author BiographyGil G. Noam directs the Program in Afterschool Education and Research at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and the Laboratory of Development Psychology at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School.Gina Biancarosa is an advanced doctoral student in Language and Literacy at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and a Research Assistant at the Program in Afterschool Education and Research.Nadine Dechaussy served as a Research Assistant and Community Liaison at the Program in Afterschool Education and Research.
- Author(s)Gil G Noam,Gina Biancarosa,Nadine Dechausay
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/01/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight227 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.