All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $19.38Free postage
- AU $24.47Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWho would dream of being against love? No one. Love is, as everyone kws, a mysterious and all-controlling force, with vast power over our thoughts and life decisions. But is there something a bit worrisome about all this uniformity of opinion? Is this the one subject about which disagreement will be entertained, about which one truth alone is permissible? Consider that the most powerful organized religions produce the occasional heretic; every ideology has its apostates; even sacred cows find their butchers. Except for love. Hence the necessity for a polemic against it. A polemic is designed to be the prose equivalent of a small explosive device placed under your E-Z-Boy lounger. It won t injure you (well t severely); it s just supposed to shake things up and rattle a few convictions.
- Author BiographyLaura Kipnis is a professor of media studies at Northwestern University. She has received fellowships and grants from the Guggenheim Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Arts. She has published many essays and articles on sexual politics and contemporary culture both here and abroad.
- Author(s)Laura Kipnis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight240 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.