All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.92Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary philosophy of science has paid close attention to the understanding of scientific practice, in contrast to the previous focus on scientific method. Paul Feyerabend's acclaimed work, which sparked controversy and continues to fuel fierce debate, shows the deficiencies of many widespread ideas about the nature of kwledge. He argues that the only feasible explanation of any scientific success is a historical account, and that anarchism must w replace rationalism in the theory of kwledge. This updated edition of this classic text contains a new foreword by Ian Hacking, a leading contemporary philosopher of science, who reflects on Feyerabend's life and personality as well as the continuing relevance of his work.
- Author BiographyPAUL FEYERABEND was Professor of Philosophy at UC Berkeley, and Professor of the Philosophy of Science at the Federal Institute of Technology at Zurich. He died in 1994. His other books include Philosophical Papers and Farewell to Reason.
- Author(s)Paul K. Feyerabend
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement4th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.