Against the Grain: How to Succeed in Business by Peddling Heresy by Joel M. Stern, Irwin Ross (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe unique story of a business heretic and his concept of Ecomic Value Added (EVA) In Against the Grain, Joel Stern shares for the first time, t only the story of how EVA swept the corporate world, but the story behind the story-the intellectual underpinnings of EVA, how he and his colleagues at Stern Stewart & Co. promoted the concept, won its initial acceptance by major corporations, and later turned the concept into a revolution. He has for good reason been called a one-man catalyst for change. In an engaging memoir, he has given us t only an account of his business strategy, but also provided fascinating anecdotes and vignettes of encounters with leading businessmen on four continents. Joel M. Stern (New York, NY) has been the Managing Partner of Stern Stewart & Co. since its founding in 1982 and was coauthor of The EVA Challenge (Wiley: 0-471-40555-8). A recognized authority on financial ecomics, corporate performance measurement, corporate valuation, and incentive compensation, he is a leading advocate of the concept of shareholder value. Irwin Ross (New York, NY) was retained to write The EVA Challenge with Joel Stern and John Shiely. He is a former roving editor of Reader's Digest and over the years has written for Fortune and a variety of other magazines.
- Author BiographyJOEL M. STERN has been the managing partner of Stern Stewart & Co. since its founding in 1982 and was coauthor of The EVA Challenge: Implementing Value-Added Change in an Organization (Wiley). He currently serves on the faculties of five graduate business schools. A widely published writer, Mr. Stern has been a financial policy columnist for the Financial Times and the Sunday Times of London. A recognized authority on financial economics, corporate performance measurement, corporate valuation, and incentive compensation, he is a leading advocate of the concept of shareholder value. IRWIN ROSS was retained to assist in the writing of The EVA Challenge with Joel Stern and John Shiely. In addition to this widely popular treatise, he has written several other books, among them The Loneliest Campaign: The Truman Victory of 1948, The Image Merchants, and Shady Business: Confronting Corporate Corruption. He is a former roving editor of Reader's Digest and over the years has written for a variety of other magazines, including Fortune and Harper's, as well as Stern Stewart's EVAngelist.
- Author(s)Irwin Ross,Joel M. Stern
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2003
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight486 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byJohn S. Shiely
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.