Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by lyndamarg_lmwares
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNobel Laureate and two-time Booker prize-winning author of Disgrace and The Life and Times of Michael K , J. M. Coetzee tells the remarkable story of a nation gripped in brutal apartheid in his Sunday Express Book of the Year award-winner Age of Iron . In Cape Town, South Africa, an elderly classics professor writes a letter to her distant daughter, recounting the strange and disturbing events of her dying days. She has been opposed to the lies and the brutality of apartheid all her life, but w she finds herself coming face to face with its true horrors: the hounding by the police of her servant's son, the burning of a nearby black township, the murder by security forces of a teenage activist who seeks refuge in her house. Through it all, her only companion, the only person to whom she can confess her mounting anger and despair, is a homeless man who one day appears on her doorstep. In Age of Iron , J. M. Coetzee brings his searing insight and masterful control of language to bear on one of the darkest episodes of our times. Quite simply a magnificent and unforgettable work . ( Daily Telegraph ). A superbly realized vel whose truth cuts to the bone . ( The New York Times ). A remarkable work by a brilliant writer . ( Wall Street Journal ). South African author J. M. Coetzee was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2003 and was the first author to win the Booker Prize twice for his vels Disgrace and The Life and Times of Michael K . His vel, Foe , an exquisite reinvention of the story of Robinson Crusoe is also available in Penguin paperback.
- Author BiographyJ. M. Coetzee was born in Cape Town, South Africa in 1940. The author of some fifteen novels and winner of numerous awards, Coetzee is the first author to have been awarded the Booker Prize twice: for Life & Times of Michael K in 1983 and for Disgrace in 1999. In 2003 he was awared the Nobel Prize in Literature. He lives in Australia.
- Author(s)J. M. Coetzee
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight138 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.