All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopulation ageing and the globalisation of international migration are challenging the research agendas of social scientists around the world, and posing numerous challenges for policy makers and practitioners whose goal is to formulate and design high-quality and user-friendly policies and services. Both of these phemena have brought, for example, attention to the fact that more and more people around the world are ageing in countries other than those where they were born. The fact that elderly care sectors around the world need to recruit staff if they are to handle the growing number of older people that will need their services is also something that has been discussed when population ageing and the globalisation of international migration have been debated. The elderly care sector's reliance on people with migrant backgrounds has namely increased as a result of these phemena. This collection is therefore situated at the intersection of ageing and migration studies and takes into account the various issues with which this intersection is concerned. The chapters in this volume are written by established researchers in the field of ageing and migration around the world. The collection explores these issues in three sections: * Elderly care regimes and migration regimes: national perspectives * Ageing in contexts of migration: a multifaceted phemen * Elderly care and migration. The expert contributions in this volume address the array of issues associated with the study of ageing, old age and elderly care in contexts of migration.
- Author BiographyUte Karl is Associate Professor of Social Work at the Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Work, Social Pedagogy, Social Welfare at the University of Luxembourg. Sandra Torres is Professor of Sociology and Chair of Social Gerontology in the Department of Sociology at Uppsala University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySandra Torres,Ute Karl
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.