Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing data sets consisting of cross-sectional surveys drawn from nationally representative samples of adolescents in the US and official sources of crime statistics, a portrait of aggression and violence among adolescents is presented. Fluctuations in self-reported and official sources of data are examined by year, gender, grade, and race. Both distal and contemporary risk factors for aggression and violence are discussed. Distal risk factors for violence in adolescence are presented using longitudinal studies. The General Aggression Model provides the framework for exploring which contemporary personal and situational factors increase or decrease risk for aggression and violence. Dating aggression in adolescence is placed in the context of rmal development and variable according to individual partner and relationship factors. This book presents rigorously tested scientific prevention programs for adolescents with violent and aggressive behavior.
- Author BiographySince joining the faculty at the Institute for Child Study, Department of Human Development at the University of Maryland in 1973, Dr Robert Marcus has balanced his academic duties with his work in the community. Dr Marcus holds a PhD in human development and family studies from the Pennsylvania State University, and completion of his dissertation was supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation. Dr Marcus has authored more than forty articles and presented over fifty of his works at meetings around the country. Interested in counseling children and adolescents early in his career, as a Psychology Junior Fellow for the New Jersey Department of Institutions and Agencies, and as a school psychologist in New Jersey, Dr Marcus became a licensed psychologist in Maryland in 1979. A clinical practice working with aggressive children and adolescents complemented his academic interests. Since developing the course 'Adolescent Violence' in 1993, his interests started forming into this book. Currently, Dr Marcus is a Practice Associate of Sheppard Pratt Hospital in Baltimore, with an assignment at their satellite clinic in Columbia, Maryland.
- Author(s)Robert F. Marcus
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 tables
- Weight280 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.