Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have tried to implement Agile in your organization, you have probably learned a lot about development practices, teamwork, processes and tools, but too little about how to manage such an organization. Yet managerial support is often the biggest impediment to successfully adopting Agile, and limiting your Agile efforts to those of the development teams while doing the same old-style management will dramatically limit the ability of your organization to reach the next Agile level. Angel Medinilla will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of what Agile means to an organization and the manager's role in such an environment, i.e., how to manage, lead and motivate self-organizing teams and how to create an Agile corporate culture. Based on his background as a veteran Agile consultant for companies of all sizes, he delivers insights and experiences, points out possible pitfalls, presents practical approaches and possible scenarios, also including detailed suggestions for further reading. If you are a manager, team leader, evangelist, change agent (or whatever nice title) and if you want to push Agile further in your organization, then this is your book. You will read how to change the paradigm of what management is about: it is t about arbitrary decisions, constant supervision and progress control, and the negotiation of changing requirements. It is about motivation, self-organization, responsibility, and the exploitation of all project stakeholders' kwledge. We live in a different world than the one that most management experts of the 20th century describe, and companies that strive for success and excellence will need a new kind of manager - Agile managers.
- Author BiographyAngel Medinilla's firsts experiences with Agile started back in 2005, and in 2007 he started Proyectalis, his own project management consulting company. Today, Proyectalis is considered the leading Agile consulting and coaching company in Spain and one of the best known in Europe, offering Scrum training and implementation to a worldwide spectrum of software, telco and internet companies. Angel is both a member of the Scrum Alliance and the Agile Alliance, as well as a Management 3.0 Licensed Trainer. He is a regular speaker and facilitator at Agile events, including Agile Spain Conference, XP conferences, Agile Lean Europe, Scrum gatherings, e-nnovation, Leancamp and Lean-Kanban Europe. His contributions to the Agile community include several presentations on Slideshare, two blogs (Spanish / English), the official Spanish translation of the Agile Manifesto, and the Spanish translation of Henrik Kniberg's Scrum and XP from the Trenches .
- Author(s)Angel Medinilla
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight457 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.