All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Leverage Talent You Don't Own Campbell Soup Company and PepsiCo seek advice from anthropologists to understand customer tastes and preferences. Google and Intel engage experts in social science and biomechanics to assess how people think about and use techlogy. Companies are gaining advantage through a new capability--strategic use of external experts--made possible by techlogy and the globalization of talent. Leaders everywhere recognize that lean, agile, and fast strategies require new ways to access and leverage--without owning--key talent to fill critical gaps. As managers seek ntraditional sources of strategic talent and experiment with fast, flexible ways of engaging these experts, they need a new roadmap. This book delivers that roadmap. It tells you how to assess, choose, attract, develop, support, and retain your external talent. Authored by thought leaders and bestselling authors in leadership and talent management who teach and consult globally, Agile Talent reveals how companies such as Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Google, IBM, and Bain Capital organize and manage new forms of talent in invative ways. Supported by survey data and packed with tools and templates for applying these ideas, this book is the ultimate guide for winning the next war for talent.
- Author BiographyJon Younger is partner emeritus of the RBL Group, where he led the firm's Strategic HR practice. He is a member of the executive education faculties of the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan; Indian School of Business; and the Copenhagen School of Business. He chairs the annual ISB-NHRD conference on talent management in India and is a member of the Government of Singapore advisory board in HR Transformation. He teaches and consults widely in North America, Europe, and Asia. He is a coauthor of many articles and four books: HR from the Outside In, HR Transformation, HR Competencies, and Global HR Competencies. Norm Smallwood is President and cofounder of RBL Group, and leads the firm's Leadership practice. He has taught in the executive education faculties of the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, and the Marriott School of Business, Brigham Young University. He has been cited by the journal Leadership Excellence as a leading voice in the field of leadership. He teaches and consults widely in North America, the Middle East, and Asia. He is the coauthor of many articles and several important leadership books including Results Based Leadership, Leadership Brand, Leadership Code, and Leadership Sustainability.
- Author(s)Jon Younger,Norman Smallwood
- PublisherHarvard Business School Publishing
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business School Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byMarshall Goldsmith
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.