All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWestern thought traditionally divides the human being into a body-mind dualism; the first examines the physical body and the second focuses upon psychological and social aspects of aging. Christopher A. Faircloth's edited volume of original pieces attempts to bridge this rift: reinserting the physical back into gerontology's study of aging. Faircloth organizes this text around everyday experience and the social and personal impact of its imagery, while concentrating on three areas of substantive concern: medicalization, gender/sexuality, and the body as consumer.
- Author BiographyChristopher A. Faircloth is a research health scientist at the Rehabilitation Outcomes Research Center (RORC) at the North Florida-South Georgia V.A. Medical Center in Gainesville, FL.
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/06/2003
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight612 g
- Width151 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristopher A. Faircloth
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.