All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolitical conflict in our society is inevitable, and the results are often far from negative. How then should we deal with the intractable differences arising from complex modern culture? In Agonistics, Mouffe develops her philosophy, taking particular interest in international relations, strategies for radical politics and the politics of artistic practices. In a series of coruscating essays, she engages with cosmopolitanism, post-operaism, and theories of multiple modernities to argue in favor of a multipolar world with a real cultural and political pluralism.
- Author BiographyCHANTAL MOUFFE is Professor of Political Theory at the University of Westminster in London. She has taught and researched at many universities around the world and is a corresponding member of the Collège International de Philosophie, Paris. Her previous books include The Democratic Paradox, The Return of the Political, The Dimensions of Radical Democracy, The Challenge of Carl Schmitt, and, coauthored with Ernesto Laclau, Hegemony and Socialist Strategy.
- Author(s)Chantal Mouffe
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication08/07/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight200 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.