All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBilateral and multilateral trade agreements have been gaining attention and relevance in recent years. For the countries around the Mediterranean basin the most important regional trade agreements involved are the Euro-Med Agreements, which influence their trade flows as they aim to promote regional integration. Based on the theory of applied welfare ecomics, this study analyses empirically the impacts of different policy scenarios on the agricultural sector of Mediterranean countries by using an extended and modified version of the trade policy model AGRISIM. The results show that trade liberalisation, either multilateral or bilateral, would be beneficial for the Mediterranean agricultural markets due to positive welfare effects and should be considered by policy makers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Aikaterini Kavallari was born in 1979 in Thessaloniki (Greece) and studied Agricultural Economics at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. After her graduation she worked as research assistant at the Institute of Agricultural Policy and Market Research of the Justus-Liebig-University Giessen (Germany). Currently she works as post doc researcher on trade policy issues at the Institute for Prospective Technological Studies of the Joint Research Centre, European Commission.
- Author(s)Aikaterini Kavallari
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleSchriften Zur Internationalen entwicklungs- Und Umweltforschung
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight460 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.