All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping countries are finding it increasingly difficult to maintain research institutions that can support the broad demands of their agricultural and natural resource sectors. In many countries, this is due to a diminutive ecomy and population which limits the resource base upon which to build a viable, productive research system. This book examines the ways small countries have approached these problems and how they can use their small--scale institutions and limited resources to best advantage. The main feature of this book is a national portfolio approach to the strategic planning of research. This approach addresses the many institutional, policy, and scientific demands that stretch the scope of research in small developing countries, including new developments in natural resource management, biotechlogy, regional collaboration, networking, and the management of scientific information. Based on the experience of small countries with small research organisations, Agricultural and Environmental Research in Small Countries provides valuable lessons for all policymakers and scientific leaders who are looking for invative ways to address the growing complexity of national agricultural research in the emerging global system.
- Author(s)Pablo Eyzaguirre
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/1996
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight510 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.