All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionRapid changes and significant progress have been made in the Agrobacterium field, such as genetically transforming plants for both basic research purposes and agricultural development. In Agrobacterium Protocols, Third Edition, Volumes 1 and 2, a team of leading experts and veteran researchers describe in detail techniques for delivering DNA to plant cells and permanently altering their gemes. This edition emphasizes agricultural crops and plant species with ecomic values, with updated protocols on 32 plant species and protocols involving 19 new species. Together with the 1st and 2nd editions, these two volumes offer Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation protocols for a total of 76 plant species. For a number of important plants such as rice, barley, wheat and citrus, multiple protocols using different starting plant materials for transformation are included. Volume 2 contains 29 chapters with updated techniques for industrial plants, root plants, nuts and fruits, tropic plants, and other important plant species. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Agrobacterium Protocols, Third Edition facilitates the transfer of this rapidly developing techlogy to all researchers in both fundamental and applied biology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/11/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1224
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 41 colour illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1000 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byKan Wang
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.