All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how the climate can affect crop production! Agrometeorology: Principles and Applications of Climate Studies in Agriculture is a much-needed reference resource on the practice of merging the science of meteorology with the service of agriculture. Written in a concise, straightforward style, the book presents examples of clinical applications (methods, techniques, models, and services) in varying climates and agricultural systems, documenting up-to-date research literature from around the world. Its systematic approach--different from most books on the subject--makes it an essential tool for teaching, planning, and practical use by working farmers, as it examines topics such as solar radiation, effective rain, drought monitoring, evapotranspiration, and remote sensing. Agrometeorology: Principles and Applications of Climate Studies in Agriculture examines the developing discipline that international agencies such as the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) have declared to be an important growth area in university education. A panel of academics, researchers, and practitioners explore the role of agrometeorology in optimum crop growth, from the interactions between meteorological and hydrological factors and agriculture, including horticulture, animal husbandry, and forestry. The book addresses pressing topics of agriculture resource utilization and management, such as regional and land use planning; soil and water conservation; frost; growing degree day; risk analysis of climate hazards; animal parasites; harvest forecasts; crop models; decision support systems (DSS); agroclimatological forecast; and the ecological and ecomic implications of climate change. Agrometeorology: Principles and Applications of Climate Studies in Agriculture also addresses: * managing farm water resources * environmental temperature * planning for frost mitigation * photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) * thermoperiodism * managing the extremes--droughts and floods * using computers to manage agricultural systems * and much more! The interdisciplinary focus and reader-friendly style of Agrometeorology: Principles and Applications of Climate Studies in Agriculture make the book invaluable to scientists, planners, and academics working in the major agricultural sciences, geography, natural resource studies, and meteorology.
- Author(s)Graeme J. Tupper,Harpal S. Mavi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2004
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.