All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWidely considered to be one of the most significant cultural figures of his generation in China and internationally, Ai Weiwei successfully occupies multiple roles as a conceptual artist, architect, curator, designer, film-maker, publisher and activist. Using a variety of formal languages with both traditional and invative methods of production, Ai links the past with the present and explores the geopolitical, ecomic and cultural realities affecting the world with humour and compassion. Published in association with the artist, this book draws on the full breadth of Ai Weiwei's architectural, installation and activist work, including drawings and plans from a huge range of international projects, with particular emphasis on his use of space. The publication also includes excerpts from his blog, in which his insightful commentary on the world around him comes to the fore. Throughout the book a wide selection of essays by leading critics and art-historians, as well as interviews with the artist, draw out his central concerns. An essential addition to any art lover's bookshelf, this substantial book is richly illustrated with over 450 colour reproductions.
- Author BiographyAi Weiwei is widely considered to be one of the most significant cultural figures and artists of his generation in China and internationally.
- Author(s)Weiwei Ai
- PublisherTate Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTate Publishing
- Content Note450 colour
- Width189 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.