All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors trace the foreign regimes of Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Netherlands and Norway from the 1950s to the 1990s. The articles are based on public and private historical archives and deal with dor policies as well as the recipients in Africa, India and the Middle East. The 16 contributors are all historians and social scientists. The two volumes are closely interlinked. The first volume is divided into two parts. The first part deals with the aid policies of the Northern European states in an international perspective; while the second investigates issues of national priorities and individual actors in greater detail. The second volume consists of individual case studies organised in two parts; The 'Developmental State' Revisited and Dor meets Recipient. Different Agendas , a closer look at the interaction of the two parties in the aid relationship'.
- Author BiographyHelge Pharo is Professor of International History at the University of Oslo and Co-director of the Forum for Contemporary History. He earned his Dr.Philos. degree from the University of Oslo with a dissertation on Norway's first aid project to India. He has published widely on post World War II Norwegian foreign relations and international history, and also written a monograph on sport history. Professor Pharo has repeatedly served as chair of the History Department at the University of Oslo. He is a member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters and a long time adviser to the Norwegian Nobel Committee. Monika Pohle Fraser, an economic historian (Ph.D., EuropeanUniversity Instuitute) is a post-doctorate fellow at the Forum for Contemporary History, University of Oslo, and a political science lecturer at State University New York FIT, Florence. She is currently working on Cold War development aid and European donor.
- PublisherOslo Academic Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOslo
- Country of PublicationNorway
- ImprintOslo Academic Press
- Out-of-print date03/10/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Edited byHelge Pharo,Monika Phole Fraser
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.