All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents a superbly illustrated and easy-to-follow overview of the basic principles, concepts, and techniques of Aikido. Aikido is the Japanese martial art developed by Morihei Ueshiba in the early 20th century as a synthesis of other martial arts and a philosophy of peace, the goal of which was to create an art that could be used by practitioners to defend themselves while also protecting the aggressor from serious injury. Filled with full-colour illustrations and written by an ermously experienced and successful Aikido instructor, this volume presents readers with a comprehensive overview of the basic principles, concepts, and techniques of this specialized martial art - from proper foot and hand movements to the 'roles' of both the defender and attacker.
- Author BiographyBodo Roedel is a 4th Dan Aikikai and has been practicing Aikido since the age of 16. For the last 10 years he has been passing on his knowledge to students at the respected Bodo Roedel Aikido School in Cologne, Germany.
- Author(s)Bodo Roedel
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2010
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight816 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.