All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAir pollution is ubiquitous in industrialized societies, causing a host of environmental problems. It is thus essential to monitor and reduce pollution levels. A number of plant species already are being exploited as detectors (for phytomonitoring) and as scavengers (for phytoremediation) of air pollutants. With advances in biotechlogy, it is w feasible to modify plants for a wider range of phytomonitoring and phytoremediation applications. Air Pollution and Plant Biotechlogy presents recent results in this field, including plant responses during phytomonitoring, pollution-resistant plant species, imaging diagsis of plant responses, and the use of vel transgenic plants, along with reviews of basic plant physiology and biochemistry where appropriate. Researchers and students working in plant biotechlogy and the environmental sciences or considering new areas of investigation will find this volume a valuable reference.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight880 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byH. Saji,Kenji Omasa,N. Kondo,S. Youssefian,etc.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.