All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe management of air quality is currently at the forefront of international debate. With authors drawn from international experts in their respective fields, Air Quality Management provides comprehensive coverage of the air quality management issue. There are chapters on improving air quality in the UK, the construction of emissions inventories and the design and operation of air monitoring networks. Validation of air pollution models, requiring source receptor modelling, is described, as is the use of geochemical or biological tolerances kwn as critical loads to determine the maximum allowable inputs of pollutants to the terrestrial environment. The first European Auto-Oil Study, which was sponsored by the European Commission in order to identify the most cost-effective means of meeting air quality targets, is included as a case study. There is also reference to the successes and problems of air pollution control in California, the US state which has pioneered the promotion of vigorous air pollution control measures. Air Quality Management provides a vital source of material for all those involved in the field, whether as a student, industrialist, consultant, or government agency with responsibility in this area.
- Author BiographyThe series has been edited by Professors Hester and Harrison since it began in 1994. Professor Roy Harrison OBE is listed by ISI Thomson Scientific (on ISI Web of Knowledge) as a Highly Cited Researcher in the Environmental Science/Ecology category. He has an h-index of 54 (i.e. 54 of his papers have received 54 or more citations in the literature). In 2004 he was appointed OBE for services to environmental science in the New Year Honours List. He was profiled by the Journal of Environmental Monitoring (Vol 5, pp 39N-41N, 2003). Professor Harrison's research interests lie in the field of environment and human health. His main specialism is in air pollution, from emissions through atmospheric chemical and physical transformations to exposure and effects on human health. Much of this work is designed to inform the development of policy. Now an emeritus professor, Professor Ron Hester's current activities in chemistry are mainly as an editor and as an external examiner and assessor. He also retains appointments as external examiner and assessor / adviser on courses, individual promotions, and departmental / subject area evaluations both in the UK and abroad.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/10/1997
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleIssues in Environmental Science and Technology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byR. E. Hester,R. M. Harrison
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.